What is Warcarft Version Switcher (WVS)?
Very simple, just like the name states, WVS is a tool that allows you to switch between different versions of Warcraft 3.
With WVS, you may switch Warcraft from 1.26 to 1.25b, 1.25a, 1.24e, 1.24d, 1.24c, 1.24b, 1.24a, 1.23a, 1.22a, 1.21b, 1.20e
Note: With WVS, you may switch Warcraft from latest to older version and vise versa.
How to Use Warcarft Version Switcher (WVS)?
1. Download WVS (stripped version : ~600KB)
2. Download TFT Version x.xxx.zip file (x.xxx refers to version number)
3. Extract WVS in the Warcraft root folder.
4. Copy (or move) ALL the TFT Version x.xxx.zip files inside of the folder WVS. this folder is not the one you have extracted WVS but the one inside it. in other words,
4a. find the WVS.exe file
4b. there should be a folder WVS in the same folder as the exe file
4c. place your version zip files inside of that WVS folder.
5. Run WVS.exe
6. If it can't find your wc3 folder, show it manually
7. Hit the switch version button
8. Double click the version you want to switch to.
Note: When ever you need to switch version, do step 5, 7 and 8.
- WVS (stripped) (~600KB)
- TFT Version 1.20e.zip (~30MB)
- TFT Version 1.21b.zip (~30MB)
- TFT Version 1.22a.zip (~30MB)
- TFT Version 1.23a.zip (~30MB)
- TFT Version 1.24a.zip (~30MB)
- TFT Version 1.24b.zip (~30MB)
- TFT Version 1.24c.zip (~30MB)
- TFT Version 1.24d.zip (~30MB)
- TFT Version 1.24e.zip (~30MB)
- TFT Version 1.25a.zip (~30MB)
- TFT Version 1.25b.zip (~30MB)
- TFT Version 1.26a.zip (~30MB)
Note: Many of you think replacing the Game.dll, Storm.dll and war3.exe are the version files i.e. copy/paste/replacing them is enough for switching version. this is not true. there's another file (war3patch.mpq) that is also updated with every version. and this is the reason the version zips are ~30MB.
It is true that without changing the war3patch.mpq, you can run wc3, but it is not recommended. it might result in a fatal error every now and then.